During July and August 2018, BITPAL project organized training sessions for the basics and methodologies in the topics of incubation and acceleration concepts in Palestine.
Participants from University College of Applied Sciences (UCAS), Islamic University of Gaza (IUG), Al-Azhar University (AUG), Al-Aqsa University (AQU), Gaza University (GU), Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies (PITA), Palestine’s Information and Communications Technology Incubator (PICTI), Business and Technology Incubator (BTI), UCAS Technology Incubator (UCASTI) and students from the Palestinian universities attended the training sessions.
The training sessions was as follows:
- On 10 July 2018, the session entitled “Setting Up Virtual Incubation Services” presented by Mr. Tariq Thabit from UCASTI.
- On 11 July 2018, the session entitled “Creating behavior change through value chain projects” presented by Dr. Ibrahim Sokar from GU.
- On 14 July 2018, the session entitled “Innovation Ecosystem Development” presented by Mr. Basel Qandeel from BTI.
- On 15 July 2018, the session entitled “Technology Commercialization through Incubation” presented by Mr. Yaser Salha from AQU.
- On 1 August 2018, the session entitled “Monitoring, Evaluation and Benchmarking” presented by Prof. Samy Abu Naser from AUG.
- On 4 August 2018, the session entitled “Financing a Business Incubator” presented by Prof. Alaa El-Halees from IUG.
- On 8 August 2018, the session entitled “Deals and Financing for Incubator Clients” presented by Mr. Abdallah Tahrawi from PICTI.
- On 12 August 2018, the session entitled “Marketing and Stakeholder Management” presented by Dr. Ahmed Abdalaal from UCAS.
BITPAL project coordinator Dr. Ahmed Abdalaal thanked all partners for their attendance and participation.
These training sessions are part of WP2.6 entitled “Incubation and Acceleration processes and systems” in framework of Erasmus+ KA2 CBHE project “Boosting Innovation in Curricula Development of Information Technology programs in Palestine (BITPAL)”.